3/18/2020 1:06pm IMPORTANT CHANGE IN PROVIDING SCHOOL MEALS!
Effective Monday, March 23rd, the procedure for picking up school meals at Shelby City Schools will change due to the growing concern with the COVID-19 situation.
In an effort to minimize frequency of contact, families may pick up packages on Monday, March 23rd containing 5 days of breakfast and lunch for each child 18 and under in your Shelby household. Meal packages may be picked up at the following locations from 10:30-11:30.
- Auburn Elementary Cafeteria
- Dowds Elementary Cafeteria
- Shelby Middle School Cafeteria
- Shelby High School Cafeteria
- Central Gymnasium (Back door entrance to the gym)
- Wednesday, March 18th : Uncrustable lunch + breakfast for the next morning.
- Thursday, March 19th: Hot Dogs & Tater Tots, + breakfast for the next morning.
- Friday, March 20th: NO MEALS
- Monday, March 23rd: 5 days of breakfast and lunch. (uncrustables will be the lunch entrée)
- March 30th – April 3rd: NO MEALS (Spring Break)
Please read the following procedures:
- All children in the household may pick up meals at a single location that is most convenient rather than going to the building where they normally attend.
- Children must be present to receive meals. We can give meals to children without parental presence but parents may not pick up meals unless accompanied by children.
- Food is take-out only and may not be consumed on site.
Please know the process and methods of providing this service may change at any given time. Feel free to call food service director Kelly Stanford at (419) 342-6581 ext 8 with any questions or concerns.