Shelby City Schools meal pick up expanded to 10:00 am – 12:00 pm!
Pickup location and procedures remain the same but pick up time has been increased to two hours effective Monday, April 13th to allow for increased participation and traffic. Guidelines and procedures are listed below:
- Meals are FREE to ALL children 18 and under in the Shelby community regardless of meal status at school.
- Shelby Middle School is our only distribution site. You may pick up meals at the Middle School for ALL of your children, regardless of which school they attend.
- Meals will be distributed from the loading dock behind the school.
- Meals will be brought to your vehicle. Please do not exit your vehicle or enter the building. If you are walking or bicycling to the middle school to pick up meals please maintain a minimum 6 ft distance and allow us to bring the meals to you.
- Meals will be 5 days of lunch and 5 days of breakfast. Please refrigerate food as soon as you get home. Uncrustables are best if kept frozen until the day you eat them. (thaw for 2 hours at room temperature)
- The school district’s current plan is to offer this service each Monday for as long as school is closed.
- Please know the process and methods of providing this service may change at any given time. Feel free to call food service director Kelly Stanford at (419) 342-6581 ext 8 with any questions or concerns.